Basal Therapies is a multidisciplinary pediatric out-patient clinic providing Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, and Physical Therapy services to the community. Group programs and specialized preschool opportunities are also part of our service offerings. Basal Therapies offers a unique therapeutic experience with accessibility to all services under one roof, leading to team collaboration and a holistic approach to each child’s treatment.
Basal Therapies believes that by focusing on foundational learning, there is an increased likelihood of future progress. The following values guide our decision-making and service provision alike, and are relevant to both the children and families we serve, and also for our team and their own families.
Passion: a deep sense of commitment, compelling action, to work toward the goals we set
Growth: progress and positive change over time
Collaboration: sharing ideas and skills to produce an outcome or common goal greater than one that would be developed individually
Adaptability: an ability and willingness to change in order to accommodate different conditions
Community: being connected and collectively responsible for adding value to what happens to and for a group
As a team member of Basal Therapies, you will be working within a collaborative and innovative environment to bring the vision of “progress through passion” to families in our community! This drives our mission through our passionate providers who share a love for building strong foundations for families and the children that we serve.
Join our Basal Therapies team and contribute to the growth and development of children and their families in Frederick and surrounding communities. We are currently seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist to play a vital role in providing clinic- and community-based occupational therapy services. This position offers an immediate start date, competitive compensation, and a supportive work environment.
Candidate must have a MS Degree and current state licensure. Experience in providing occupational therapy to children is ideal. Experience with treating the following is sought: feeding disorders, fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, motor planning, balance, body coordination, organizational skills, self-regulation, and sensory processing disorders.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Direct Client Contact
- Assess and diagnose pediatric clients with a wide range of delays and or disorders
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans to address clients’ delays identified during assessment in any of the following areas: motor skills, cognitive skills, self-care skills, social-emotional skills, self-regulation skills, and/or academic skills such as handwriting and executive function skills. Feeding and oral motor skills if therapist has experience and training
- Collaborate with families, other therapists, and teachers to create a supportive and integrated therapeutic environment
- Provide direct therapy services, conduct regular progress monitoring, and adjust treatment plans as needed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of treatment session notes, assessments, treatment plans, and progress reports
- Other Duties
- Help keep your caseload full by communicating your available openings to the Intake & Service Coordinator regularly
- Help develop new programs and/or services in collaboration with other team members and upper management.
- Be professional and courteous in all written and verbal communications with clients, colleagues and other business associates
- Follow legal, ethical and professional obligations of your respective Maryland governing Board
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Current and valid license to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Maryland
- Current and active NBCOT credentials in addition to state licensure
- Level 2 pediatric field work experience or a minimum of 3 months experience in a pediatric setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work as an effective team member yet be independent as necessary. Exercise sound judgment and initiative
- Comfortable with computers and web-based apps. Our primary record-keeping, billing and scheduling system, is browser-based (we provide software training)
- Competitive compensation
- Full-time employment with a supportive and collaborative team
- Materials reimbursement for resources essential to therapy services
- Processes that foster a work-life balance
- Mentorship and training
- Multiple opportunities to work with other team members to develop programs to support the needs of families as well as the growth of the practice
- A fun and rewarding work environment
- health/dental/vision insurance
- paid time off
- short-term disability and other supplemental insurance policies
- 401(k) with company match