Under the administration of the Director of Preschool Education and supervision of the Preschool Teacher, the Preschool Assistant Teacher is responsible for the supervision and supportive management of a classroom in accordance with the philosophy, goals and curricular plan of Basal Preschool. This is a part-time, hourly position.
A Preschool Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting in the development of monthly lesson plans, implementing activities on a daily basis including evaluating the effectiveness of activities, helping to create and maintain a classroom culture of health and safety, both physical and emotional, and maintaining regular communication with supervisors and contributing to the overall effective operation of the child development program.
- Experience working with children of differing abilities, with developmental delays and disorders preferred, but not required
- Interactions expressive of genuine warmth and concern for children as well as an understanding of their developmental needs
- Respect for children’s ideas, feelings, abilities, and differences
- Insights into and tolerance for the range of age-appropriate behavior
- Ability to assume needed duties and responsibilities without supervision
- Ability to use discretion in communications with parents in the Teacher’s absence
- Ability to move and react quickly and handle emergencies effectively
- Ability to abide by all rules and regulations applicable to workers of the center
- Ability to accept changes in schedules, environment, etc.
- Acquire knowledge of the current curriculum and implement the curriculum
- practices in the classroom
High School diploma or equivalent is required. A Preschool CDA credential or an Associate Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Must attend training classes designed to broaden professionalism, education, and skill involving child care and development as required by Federal and State regulations and Administration.
- 6 months experience in a child care setting;
- Ability to maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications;
- Ability to pass Criminal Record Background Clearance with no exemptions;
- Maintain good physical health with the ability to perform job duties, lift 50 pounds, move quickly, bend, squat, kneel, sit on the floor, reach overhead
- health/dental/vision insurance
- paid time off
- short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
If you are interested in speaking with us to learn more about our opportunities, please apply with your cover letter and resume!